Open Positions - Appointed
All applications can be accessed exclusively through EmConnect. Please see the links below to apply. To learn more about the structure of SGA see the "Boards" tab above.
- Elections Chair
- PR Chair
Executive Board & Support Positions
- Executive Assistant
- Deputy Chief Justice
- Vice Treasurer
- External Programs
- Fraternity Sorority Life
- Spiritual Life
- Service Learning
- Transfer Students
- International Students
Open Positions - Elected
Fall 2017 General Elections packets are live and can be found here. Packets are due to the Student Affairs and Campus Life Office (Walker 411) by noon on October 27th. See below for positions that will be on the ballot.
- Class of 2018 Senator & Treasurer
- Class of 2019 Senator
- Class of 2021 President, Vice President, Senator, Treasurer, & Secretary
- Communications Sciences and Disorders
- Marketing Senator
- Writing, Literature, and Publishing Senator
Frequently Asked Questions
What's the time commitment like?
- All members of Joint Session must attend the meetings held Tuesdays from 2-4 PM.
- Commissioners must attend Commissioners' Council with the Executive President on Thursdays, from 2-4 PM (Chairs are encouraged but not required to attend these meetings).
- E-Board and support positions must attend an hour-long, weekly E-Board meeting. Those individuals holding support positions may also be requested to attend additional meetings with the Executive President or Executive Treasurer as deemed necessary.
- Senators must meet with the Executive Vice President every Thursday from 2-4 PM. Class senators must also attend their respective class council meetings.
- Class presidents must attend their respective class council meetings.
- Every member of Joint Session, thus, has a set time commitment that ranges from 3-4 hours. Holding a position in the SGA is not dissimilar to taking on another course. You are required to be consistently present and you may be asked or expected, at times, to conduct some work related to the SGA outside of meetings.
What's the deadline for applying for appointed positions?
There is no deadline! Applications are reviewed as they're received. If a position is listed here as open, it will remain so until someone's application is approved.
I'm not sure what my schedule will look like next semester—can I still apply?
Yes! We understand that your studies come first, and we encourage you to apply or run for a position if you're truly interested in participating in the SGA.
I applied but I haven't heard back yet!
Please be sure to email the SGA Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org and CC email@example.com upon applying. We should send a confirmation email to note that we received your application; after that, we'll be in touch 1-3 business days with further information. If you haven't heard back after that time, please send a follow up email. Please remember that the beginning of the semester, midterms, and finals are our busiest times and thank you for your patience!
I don't know if I can make every meeting, but I still want to be involved.
While every appointed or elected officer is required to attend certain meetings, all meetings of Joint Session are open to the entire student population! Every Emerson student is a member of the SGA, and thus you're welcome to attend and lend your voice to the discussion even if you do not hold a formal position.