Interested in SGA?
The Student Government Leadership Program (SGLP) is a semester-long program for students in their 1st semester that's designed to build, develop, and enhance leadership skills to prepare students for representative leadership in student government, class councils, and beyond. Members will learn how Student Government operates at Emerson; how to represent, understand and serve your constituency; and so much more! This program is focused on encouraging ambitious new students to get involved.
This program covers:
- Representing a constituency
- Event planning & initiative writing
- Understanding your strengths
- How to participate in and facilitate a meeting
- Your personal brand
- Creating & writing incoming class constitution
The program is facilitated by SGA Executive President Jess Guida and Executive Treasurer Ian Mandt.